GS-1 Hydroponic Substrate
GS-1 Hydro Stones – An Engineered Substrate For Consistent Results
Growstones aggregates are engineered to provide an effective ratio between aeration and moisture to any hydroponic system. While other substrates maximize either air or moisture, Growstones are designed to allow for both moisture absorption and drainage. Most important in any growing medium is the air in the medium after drainage. Plant roots require air (particularly oxygen) for respiration and growth. Growstone aggregates make for an ideal hydroponic substrate due to its small and large pores. When the substrate is irrigated, water is held in the micro pores but quickly drains through the macro pores, allowing fresh air to flow through the substrate, which brings oxygen to the roots and removes carbon dioxide from the root zone.
- Growstones Hydroponic Medium Give You:
- Highly effective balance between air and water content at field capacity, meaning high air-filled porosity coexist with high water holding capacity.
- Growstones hold 3 times more water and 12% more air than Hydroton.
- Easy control of root zone moisture content – high steer-ability.
- Easy drainage and re-wetting after being completely dehydrated.
- Silica release in a form plants can uptake.
- Highly flexibility for different plant needs for consistent high yield.
- No weed seeds or disease spores.
- Reusability and lightweight.
A sustainable and earth-friendly option.
Growstones are manufactured using up to 98% waste materials. They replace mined materials like pumice, perlite, clay pellets, and stonewool, reducing environmental degradation. At the same time, since the product consists overwhelmingly of recycled glass bottles, a large amount of glass waste is given a new life, keeping it from the landfill.
“I wish I never stocked Hydroton because Growstone is our best-selling product.”
— Dave, Seattle Hydro Spot, Seattle, Washington
Getting Started Directions At home or in the greenhouse, Growstones are an ideal substance to grow a wide variety of crops in different hydroponic systems. Growstones can be used in systems as simple as manually irrigated containers, or as advanced as automatically irrigated systems such as drip irrigated containers, Ebb-Flow, and NFT tables.
Growstone, Inc. 7600 Reading Ave SE Albuquerque, NM 87105 firstname.lastname@example.org 505.908.9701