Steps Before Use (GS1 & GS2) Ensuring a Dust-free, PH Neutral Growstone
At home or in the greenhouse, Growstones are an ideal substance to grow a wide variety of crops in different hydroponic systems. Growstones can be used in systems as simple as manually irrigated containers, or as advanced as automatically irrigated systems such as drip irrigated containers, Ebb-Flow, and NFT tables.
- Rinse Growstones with a hose to get rid of fines created during shipping & handling.
- Soak with 5.5 pH adjusted tap or well water. For best results soak overnight with a volume ratio of at least 1:2 Growstones to water. Soak will get rid of calcium residues from production.
- Discard soak water in the garden (flower beds, grass).
- Flush Growstones with 5.5 pH adjusted tap/well water.
- Place Growtones in your system with pH adjusted nutrient solution.
Alternative Method and Soil Mixing:
- Poke small holes at the bottom of the bag.
- Open the top of the bag and insert a garden hose.
- Mix one part Growstones with 2 to 4 parts sphagnum peat moss, coco coir, composted soil, or whatever your favorite container mix may be.
- Place Growstones planting mix in your gardening container or bed.
- Transplant by carefully setting the roots of your plant in a hole large enough to contain them. Cover plant roots with Growstones planting mix pressing gently with your hands.
- Water immediately after transplanting. This will create good contact between the roots and their new environment.
- Continue to irrigate regularly as needed.
Growstone, Inc. 7600 Reading Ave SE Albuquerque, NM 87105 email@example.com 505.908.9701